Centenary Celebrations at Divine Providence
Centenary Celebrations Updates:
Divinites Life in School
“Education is the molding of the heart, in order to pursue such an aim, it is necessary to use kindness with one, firmness with another, to reason with the third”.
Divine Providence Convent High School is managed and run by St. Joseph’s Society Belgaum, registered under the societies Act XXI of 1860. This school for girls is established in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Belgaum and administrated by the Canossian Daughters of Charity..
A Great Headmistress builds character, inspires dreams, encourages creativity, builds confidence, instills a love of learning, touches hearts and changes lives forever.
Our students have always come out with flying colours at the SSLC Examination. The following students are the Rank holders at the State & District Level and bringing laurels to our School.
Dist. 1st Rank
Dist. 1st Rank
Roshini T. Thitthalli
State 2nd & Dist. 1st Rank
State 1st Rank
Troop COMMANDER: Mrs. MONICA FERNANDES
Duration: 11 years
Age: 46 Group: 13- 15 Years (Std VIII and IX)
Certificate: “A” certificate.
The school NCC Army Wing troop is led by Troop Commander Mrs. MONICA FERNANDES. She is a true disciplinarian and tests the girls to their greatest endurance levels. Cadets attend parades, often once a week, sometimes in the presence of Army Wing Officers.
The aim of the army wing is to achieve unity and discipline in its tasks. The Cadets are exposed to a variety of activities in the two years of training, which include –Gun Firing, Map-Reading, Battle- Craft, etc, Cadets of the second year are given an opportunity to acquaint military life.
There are three levels of camps organized for the Cadets –BLC (Basic Leadership Camp), TSC (Thal Sainik Camp), RDC ( Republic Day Camp). The girls train for the entire year to get into the Republic Day Camp, which gives them an opportunity to attend the Annual Republic Day Parade in New Delhi. Selections for this Camp are done on the basis of Marching skills, Height, Cultural events, and general knowledge. To date, many Cadets from DIVINE PROVIDENCE CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL have also been awarded high honors.
At the end of their training, the Cadets have to attend a written examination, passing which, they secure the “ A’ certificate’. All the cadets of DIVINE PROVIDENCE CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL pass the exam with flying colors.
NCC - Values
The NCC is a responsive , learning and continuously evolving organization. Its activity is guided by certain Core Values that we endeavor to instill among all ranks of the NCC.
These include the following:
- A sense of patriotic commitment encourages cadets to contribute to national development.
- Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, lifestyle, and habitat to instill a sense of national unity and social cohesion.
- Ability to participate in community development and other social programs.
- Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
- Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority.
- Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness.
- A healthy lifestyle is free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices.
- Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance, and hard work.
- Respect for knowledge, wisdom, and the power of ideas.